Ah, Hollywood. Glitz and glamor. Swimming pools and movie stars. Well, not exactly. Hollywood is far removed from the glamor and class of Grace Kelly. But it still draws us in.
Whether fans of B horror movies, like Headcrusher, or this season's indie darling Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, the folks out in Tinseltown deliver it all for us.
Movies draw us in and take us to a different time and place. Some, more effectively than others.
The American Film Institute (AFI) says that Citizen Kane is the top movie of all time? What do you think?
What movies have gotten more praise than they deserve? Which have flown under the radar and deserve more acclaim? This is the place to talk about it.
- I saw it before the massive hype bubble started, and I enjoyed it.
- Madonna's ego with Madonna's grandmother's face.
- The movie works for little kids who don't follow the plot, but appreciate the characters. And the characters are well-done,…
The Silence of the Lambs
- Hannibal Lecter wasnt scary. Hannibal Lectar was a pompous douche. He would have gotten Dahmered in prison within a year
2001: A Space Odyssey
- Hmmmm. Space phones? Evil computers? Suspended animation? Only barely overrated, but, my God, it's full of cliches!